Founder | Director
Michael is a commercial lawyer specialising in technology, intellectual property, corporate and commercial law. Michael acts for clients across a variety of industry groups including information technology, telecommunications, infrastructure and resource projects, media, sport and entertainment.
A former partner at national and boutique firms, Michael provides specialised strategic advice on a wide variety of commercial and contractual negotiation for clients, which include listed and private corporations, licensed telecommunications carriers, public and private utilities, venture capitalists, government, high profile personalities and elite athletes.
Areas of expertise
- Outsourcing and systems integration, software development and licensing;
- General corporate and commercial advice including new company start-ups, joint ventures, the sale, purchase and restructure of companies;
- Telecommunications commercial and regulatory advice including carrier licensing and network and facilities access issues for licensed telecommunications carriers, universities, private companies and government agencies;
- Intellectual property matters, including advice, drafting and negotiation of arrangements dealing with the ownership, licensing and exploitation of intellectual property, principally copyright, trade marks and patent rights;
- Major tender responses and the drafting and negotiation of related service and supply agreements; and
- Sports management, player / athlete contracts, sponsorship and endorsement agreements.