We provide intellectual property advice to domestic and international clients across all industry sectors, from global corporations to individuals and start-ups.
We provide practical assessments of risk and reward for intangible assets that are often key components in mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, joint ventures, product acquisitions, licensing, co-development and co-promotion agreements.
Trade Marks & Brand Assets
We will guide you through the process of developing a brand protection strategy, and can prepare applications to help ensure maximum protection for your brand.
We work closely with designers, brand and marketing managers as well as with local and international associates in the protection, commercialisation, monitoring and enforcement of trade marks and other intellectual property.
Our firm also provides specialist advice in relation to copyright, including protection, compliance and enforcement / dispute resolution services.
We specialise in the representation of developers, suppliers and users of information technology – solving complex legal problems relating to development, commercialisation, implementation, infringement and use of these services. We are specialists in:
- IT and business process outsourcing
- Licence agreements, hardware/equipment supply agreements
- Software and systems design, development and implementation agreements
- Master service agreements (including for development projects)
- Technology Start-ups
We represent licensed carriers, carriage and content service providers and customers of telecommunications services. We have acted for start up telcos through to tier one carriers, large corporations and government bodies. Our lawyers have acted in nationwide network build, roll-out and access matters. Some of our experience includes:
- Supply agreements for large corporates and government
- Panel contracts for supply of local councils whole of telecommunications and IT services
- Deployment of next generation access networks and the sharing of mobile network infrastructure, domestic roaming and collocation agreements
- The procurement and implementation of key operational and billing systems, network infrastructure rollouts and managed service projects, including core network rollouts for voice and data, and network management outsourcing
- Building and land access rights, installation, maintenance and use of facilities, and disputes on behalf of land and building owners and carriers
- Wholesale and reseller supply agreements
We help our clients comply with regulatory requirements and successfully transact with others while they establish, manage, grow and sell their businesses.
We advise on a broad range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions; joint ventures and other strategic transactions, including:
- Joint venture and shareholder agreements
- Commercial resolution of shareholder disputes
- Employee and investor equity arrangements
- Internal group restructures
- Sales and purchases of companies and businesses
- Share subscription and other investment agreements
- Angel and venture capital investment
Commercial Contracts & Major Projects
We work side-by-side with our clients to understand their business: offering nothing other than the best advice to accomplish their goals.
We specialise in reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and agreements, including:
- The design and implementation of procurement strategies and sourcing models for both multi- supplier and single-supplier procurements (procurement lifecycle, contracting terms, pricing models, service quality regimes)
- End-to-end procurement processes including project initiation, RFP preparation, supplier proposal review and down-select, and contract drafting and negotiation (both single project supply and services agreements to longer term global framework or master services agreements)
- Contract management, including contract review and interpretation, monitoring service level regimes and managing governance models.
Compliance & Training
As an extension of our services we can also provide your staff or internal legal counsel with services that include:
- Regulatory advice and training (e.g. TCP and marketing compliance programmes)
- Staff training on key legal areas and new developments, including CLE and CPD programmes
General Counsel Service
Large companies have the advantage of being able to utilise a team of full-time in-house lawyers who understand its business operations and its specific legal requirements. This provides a significant strategic benefit over smaller organisations when devising business development strategies or seizing market opportunities
In order to support small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) we provide flexible and affordable legal advice as virtual legal counsel – with hourly and retainer rates and significant savings on ‘day rates’ for longer engagements.
We also provide “locum” or secondment services to larger in-house legal teams.
Litigation & Disputes
Legal disputes can be costly, time consuming and stressful. We assemble the right teams of experts for resolving your disputes. Whether through litigation, arbitration, mediation or negotiation; in State or Federal court; in Australia or internationally: we have the networks and can engage the right people.